This workshop has been contextualised to equip Leaders with the fundamental coaching skills to develop and enhance employees’ performance and potential. This course is eligible for SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) WSQ Funding for participants who are Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
17 January2 Days, 9.00 AM - 6.00 PM
11 April2 Days, 9.00 AM - 6.00 PM
Coaching staff for growth, development and higher performance have become one of the most important leadership skills to master. Many managers are skillful in achieving results but lacks the ability to develop people. The long-term effect is de-motivated employees, vacuum in the leadership succession and poorly skilled staff with silo mentality lacking personal accountability.
Coaching is not about directing, telling or advising. It is a specialized conversation technique designed to bring out the best in people; a skill that can be learnt and sharpened by managers who desire to be masterful coaches and leaders. This skill is needed even more when holding performance appraisal session where the manager help the subordinate assess their areas of strengths and growth opportunities, set performance goals and objectives, reviewing accomplishments and rewarding performance.
This is a blended learning course which consist of:-
- Pre-course self-paced eLearning session and
- 2 days facilitated classroom session cum assessment
Unlike other similar courses in the market where the focus is on managing systems and processes, this course emphasizes on the leadership soft skills of coaching. It is important for leaders to be able to lead people, by engaging, motivating, facilitating self-discovery and change through the coaching approach rather than managing people through systems and processes.
The objective of this course is to equip the learner with the fundamental coaching knowledge and skills to develop and enhance employees’ performance and potential. Learners will be familiarized with the latest industry skills requirements and apply their coaching skills to develop learning and development plans that are aligned to their organisation objectives. The ultimate goal is to achieve the organisation goals, develop people to be future-ready and retain good talent.
COURSE CURRICULUM & METHODOLOGY
- To apply coaching skills and techniques to enhance team performance
- Coaching Principles and Mindset to enhance team performance
- Distinction between the various Leadership Helping Skills
- Benefits of Leader as a Coach and Impact to Organisation
- Importance of Mindset shift
- Building Trust for Effective Coaching
- Competency vs Character Trust
- Accentuating the Positives
- The Art of Powerful Questioning
- Question Structure and Intent
- Designing Powerful Questions to create self-awareness, challenge paradigms and stretch the potential
- The Power of Active Listening
- Discover the 4 areas of listening to uncover the said/unsaid
- Listening for Strengths
- Barriers to Listening
- Coaching Goals and Process
- Establishing Coaching Agreements
- T-GROW Coaching process
- To develop capabilities of team that are aligned to organisation strategies and needs
- Analyse team capabilities
- Alignment to organization strategies and needs
- Training Needs Analysis
- Develop learning and development plan
- Market trends in Skills Requirements
- Learning strategies
- To facilitate learning and change within the team
- Creating awareness for change
- Barriers to learning and change
- Being and Thinking Actions
- Designing Actions to facilitate learning
- Resources and Support structures
- Continuing Professional Development for self-development
- 3C's Framework
Our Training methodology is based on Adult learning principles and hence, emphasizes on experiential learning activities, small group and class interactions as well as skills-based practices during the workshop. This methodology accelerates adult learning, retention and brings forth the application/relevance to real-life situations. Equally important, the workshop is engaging and enjoyable for the participants.
The content of this “Coaching for Performance and Capability Development” workshop is based on the Core Coaching Competencies outlined by the International Coach Federation(ICF), which is a global organisation that sets the standards and guidelines for the coaching community. Our facilitators are ICF certified coaches with more than twenty years of senior leadership experience.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Apply Leadership Coaching knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to enhance employees’ performance
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Motivate employees to make positive changes
- Conduct effective performance conversation
- Develop talent and skills
- Build trust and strong relationships with employees and others
Formal/Informal Leaders who motivate team members to higher levels of performance and develop talent in others.
Participants are expected to be fluent in spoken and written English. Ideally, participants should have at least 5 years of work experience with at least one year of supervisory/managerial experience.
- All pricing are in Singapore Dollars. Fee stated is per participant price.
- BP Coach Training Pte Ltd is a non-GST registered company and a Nett Fee Approved Training Organisation (ATO).
- SME is defined as:-
- Organisation incorporated in Singapore with at least 30% local shareholding; AND
- Group annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million; OR
- Group employment size of less than 200 employees
- SSG refers to SkillsFuture Singapore and WTS refers to Workfare Training Support.
- Employers may claim Absentee Payroll Funding. Please refer to SkillsFuture Singapore website at Funding Support for Employers for more details.
- For the purpose of funding validation, all nett fee payment for employer-sponsored participants must be in the form of company issued cheques or through bank transfer from the sponsored company.
- Self-sponsored individuals may pay their nett fee via SkillsFuture Credit or other payment options accepted by BP Coach Training.
- This course is aligned to WSQ Leadership & People Development LPM-DEV-401C-0 Develop Team Leaders through Capability Development and Coaching (WSQ LPM Enable People). No further WSQ training grant will be allowed if participant has already claimed the funding for this course from another approved training organisation (ATO).
- SSG Course Reference No: CRS-Q-0034145-LPM
“One of the most effective training in my life. Precious coaching skills and enhanced performance” AIA participant
“Enforces self-discovery and awareness for both the Coach and Coachee” ISCA participant
“Conversation with my direct reports can be more focused now” Nestle participant
“Well done, Interaction was good, Good mix of theory, Practical sharing, Role play, Mindset shift“ Deloitte participant
"Practical hands-on sessions where we got to practice concepts and skills learnt as well as interaction with the other group members! Interaction with instructors was also good." Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART) participant
“Focus on the competency as a coach is very useful as it is the most important to be a successful coach. All very practical and if put into practice will benefit the organization as a whole” Coca Cola participant
“Very satisfied with the program. It is a mind-shifting workshop and I learned how important it is to be a solution enabler. Will coach more in the future” Avanade participant
Register online by clicking the REGISTER button above on your preferred training dates.
Alternatively, download the registration form and email to us.
|Developing High Performing Leaders||Register interest|
|Coaching for Performance and Development (2 Days)||Register interest|