The Workfare Skills Support, WSS encourages lower wage workers to attend training to upgrade their work skills and improve their employability. Eligible individuals may receive course subsidy, Training Allowance (TA) and Training Commitment Award (TCA).
To qualify, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singapore Citizen; and
- Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons With Disabilities); and
- Earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 for the months worked.
- Fulfils the WIS eligibility criteria of housing annual value (AV), property ownership and spousal income. The WIS criteria of housing AV, property ownership and spousal income are as follows:
- Lives in a property with an annual value of $13,0003 or less assessed as at 31 December of the preceding year
- Owns less than two properties
- If the individual is married:
- The individual and his/her spouse own less than two properties together; or
- The assessable income of the individual’s spouse for the preceding Year of Assessment is $70,000 or less.
- If the individual is a Self-Employed Person, s/he must have also declared his/her net trade income for work done in the Work Year and made Medisave contributions.
Individuals may contact SkillsFuture Singapore, SSG or visit WSG Careers Connect centres for more information.