At BP Coach, we provide various assessment tools for organisation and individuals, to complement our coaching services. For organisations, the assessments work by measuring a variety of criteria for the employees: intellectual ability, achievement motivation, skill proficiency, work styles, personality characteristics, and personal values. For individuals, the assessments provide an opportunity to learn something about themselves, with the goals of self-improvement, personality enrichment and enhancement of their workplace relationships.
Our Assessment Tools include:-
Personality Assessment (DISC)
The DISC online assessment is a resource for all types of individuals and organizations; public or private, large or small. DISC teaches users powerful behavioral profiling skills which can directly improve performance and increase productivity in a variety of settings and professional frameworks. Learn to positively persuade other people and drive sales, build “A” teams for special projects, improve hiring & selection, empower management and much more.
Our DISC Assessment are catered to various applications:
1. DISC Self – Our DISC reports are as much prescriptive as they are descriptive. In other words, our DISC reports are unique because they teach users specific skills to improve their own interpersonal interactions. While our reports do go into considerable detail describing users’ natural DISC behavioral style, we believe this is really just the first step. Our reports empower users with specific recommendations unique to their individual profile. When utilized, these skills have the ability to enact powerful and demonstrable returns. To see significant professional and interpersonal benefit, we believe it’s important that our DISC users come away with fast, effective learning strategies that demonstrate immediate results.
2. DISC Leadership Development – Empower your organization’s managers with the ability to get the most out of their teams. DISC Leadership report trains managers to:
- know their natural behavioral tendencies,
- identify their employees’ observable behaviors, and
- adapt their leadership style to optimize the employees’ work style and team performance.
3. DISC Sales Training – Drive revenue by teaching even the most novice or experienced sales professionals the keys to identifying and harnessing identifiable behaviors in their prospects. The DISC Sales report teaches users to:
- know their natural behavioral tendencies,
- identify their customer’s observable behaviors, and
- adapt their selling style to fit the customer’s buying style.
4. DISC Customer Service – Teach administrative and customer support teams how to dependably provide stellar service and interaction regardless of behavioral style. Use DISC to train anyone how to exceed customer expectations for courteous treatment and professional service. Your staff will be equipped to deal with any behavioral style.
Emotional Intelligence (EIQ-2) Assessment
The Emotional Intelligence (EIQ-2) assessment helps you understand the way you apply your emotional intelligence in terms of style, preferences and behavior. It will bring clarity in determining how appropriately and effectively you apply your knowledge and feelings in a given situation. It’s this understanding that forms the basis on which you can make adjustments in order to be more effective in the future; personally as well as professionally.
A person with a high emotional intelligence is more likely to be aware of and manage his/her behavior in stressful workplace situations. That balance lends itself to improved decision-making and leadership. A person with a high emotional intelligence level is also likely to be better at “reading” the emotions in others, thereby engaging them for more profitable and mutually beneficial outcomes, whether that be in sales, management, customer service or team projects.
Every individual is capable of improving his/her emotional intelligence and gleaning the almost immediate benefits that come with this heightened self-awareness. The Emotional Intelligence (EIQ-2) assessment offers us a roadmap to begin and continually refine this simultaneously personal and professional endeavor.
360° Behavioral Profiles
What if you had an enhanced 360° view of yourself? In other words, imagine having the ability to process the collective perceptions of how others see you. Often times, the way we perceive ourselves and the way others perceive us are two very different things. Even experienced business leaders will persist in communication and organizational practices with the belief that everyone recognizes their “obvious” intentions, resulting in negative interpersonal communication.
The assessments provide what is termed a 360° functionality where the user can pull the collective “perception data” from dozens (even hundreds) of his/her colleagues, employees, direct reports, clients— anyone. These observer or rater reports provide each user the unique opportunity for an objective “self audit” so they can eliminate (or even proactively prevent) workplace inefficiencies stemming from behavioral misunderstandings.